Without opening a web browser to look at your website, answer the question: “What is your vision statement?”
The answer should be visceral and automatic. Muscle memory should kick in. Your vision statement, and the emotion behind it, should put a pause to any conversation.
Asking about a vision statement really is asking:
- Why are you here?
- Where did you start and where are you headed?
- Does everyone in the company share your vision? Is it a living vision statement?
- How does this business challenge fit into the overall company vision?
- When was the last time you took the time to review the reason you started your company?
- Are you consumed with day to day operations challenges that make it hard to get this perspective?
- Is your vision statement boring, recycled, stale, uninspiring or not ambitious?
- Is it time to do a ‘heads up’ and get a different perspective?
Make your vision statement as audacious as your growth plans!
Provisus Partners‘s vision statement: “To be the best and most networked resource in the Atlanta area for small to midsized business owners.“
Learn more about the emerging field of fractional COOs at www.ProvisusPartners.com.